At www.thomascook.com we appreciate the importance to provide a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of ability or the technology used to access the internet. We work hard to improve the accessibility of our website, taking guidance from industry best practice and many of the available standards and guidelines. We strive to meet conformance level AA of the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible to people with disabilities.
Page & Text Size
If you have a vision impairment and find the text on our site too small to read it may help to magnify our web pages. You can do this using any of the following methods:
- Press: ‘CTRL’ + ‘=’ to increase the text size
- Press ‘CTRL’ + ‘-‘ to decrease the text size,
- Press ‘CTRL’ + ‘0’ to reset to the default size.
- Key and Mouse Combined:
- Hold down the ‘CTRL’ key on the keyboard and scroll your mouse wheel forwards and backwards to Zoom in and out,
- Via your Browser Settings:
- Use the ‘Zoom’ option found in the browser’s settings.
(this needs to be padded out with information relating to each of our most common browses – Safari 6, Internet Explorer 10, 9 and 8, and Chrome)
Note: If you use a Mac, please use the ‘CMD’ key instead of the ‘CTRL’ key
The Thomas Cook careers site also features a high contrast version for allowing black and white content to override the current styling of the site to inprove visability of text
Rather than using ‘read more’ or ‘click here’, wherever possible we have strived to make text which links one web page to another web page relevant to the page behind the link. For example a link saying Turkey holidays will take you to the Turkey Holidays page.
Whenever possible we have assigned a ‘say what you see’ text alternative to our images. Screen Readers for the vision impaired will read the text alternative aloud, and in the rare instances where an image fails to load on the screen, the text will display in its place to give you the gist of the image.
Clicking on certain links on our site will cause a new browser window to open enabling easy navigation back to www.thomascook.com . Examples of this include:
- Adobe pdfs (see www.adobe.com for more information)
- Some links to third party websites
- Some links to other websites in the Thomas Cook Group
- Some third party advertisements
Potential Accessibility Barriers
Whilst we strive to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. Current instances that we are aware of include:
– Areas of the site with 3rd party content which is not under our control
- The heading structure on some of our older pages can sometimes be confusing. (We continue to make progress on improving this.)
- Our Colour scheme may not always provide enough contrast for readability (currently under review)
- Some features of our site are not yet touch screen friendly
We are continually making improvements to our site to bring it inline with best practice and to remove these potential barriers, so please do keep checking our site over the next coming months
Contact information, including a link to our Live Chat facility, and answers to our most Frequently Asked Questions can be found in our Customer Support section. Alternatively you can call us on 0800 107 5620.
If you need assistance at the airport or whilst on the aircraft, please go to our Special Assistance page for more information.